ACCOUNTING, SYSTEMS AND RELATED SERVICES
The management of any business requires the achievement of specific objectives related to the economy, efficiency and effectiveness, reliable financial reporting, safeguarding of resources and compliance with laws and regulations. To this end we can assist you through the following services:
- Accounting or bookkeeping services: The recording in the accounting records of the entity of financial transactions that occurred during the period under review, including the closing and balancing of general ledger accounts (on a monthly or bi-monthly or quarterly or annual basis). Our services include general ledger closing procedures up to final trial balance.
- Compilation of financial statements: The preparation of an entity’s financial statements in accordance with an identified financial reporting framework; which may include International Financial Reporting Standards for Small and Medium-sized Entities (IFRS for SMEs), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), an entity specific basis of accounting, or other identified frameworks. Our compilation services relate to annual financial statements, interim financial statements, draft or pro-forma financial statements, etc.
- Preparation of budgets, cash flow forecast and the like.
- Payroll services.
- Agreed-upon procedures engagements: Engagements in respect of which we perform certain specific agreed-upon procedures in respect of identified financial information and report our factual findings to the client.
- Systems implementation: We assist clients with implementing proper accounting and related internal control systems, as well as evaluating and improving existing systems.
“In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” Benjamin FranklinTax planning
Taxation calculations, and the completion and submission of income tax returns: Annual returns and provisional returns
Registration for VAT and Regular submission of Value Added Tax (VAT) Returns
Assisting with employee taxation as part of clients’ payroll systems (PAYE and SITE)
Overall administration of clients’ tax affairs, including tax advice, the compilation of relevant accounting information to accompany tax returns, applying for extensions, reviewing tax assessments, dealing with inquiries from SARS, etc.
Assisting with any disputes and queries that you may have with the South African Revenue Services
We can guide you through the taxation maze.
Our team is experienced in providing extensive taxation services, led by our tax partner, Willem Malan who was previously an assistant director at the South African Revenue Services (SARS), Pretoria. Our taxation services extend to individuals and corporates and include:
STATUTORY SECRETARIAL SERVICES
Entities such as companies and close corporations operate in a highly regulated environment that requires, inter alia, the maintenance of various registers, the submission of standard documentation to the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (“CIPC”), compliance with specified procedures surrounding the formation of companies, issue of shares, the appointment of officials, amendments to founding documentation, Memorandum of Incorporations etc.
The above matters must be adequately addressed and are important for the orderly conduct of business. We provide the necessary secretarial services to our clients, involving the preparation of minutes, maintaining statutory registers as applicable and lodging of statutory returns as required and/or requested.
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
Today’s business environment is challenging in a number of respects – businesses are not static and management is continuously reviewing and updating business strategies, action plans, ownership and group structures, business and financing arrangements, etc.Business reconstructions
Structuring of new business ventures
Advice concerning acquisitions and mergers
Developing appropriate strategies and support in negotiations
Assistance and advice in respect of the acquisition or sale of businesses
Preparation of budgets, cash flow forecast and the like
Due diligence services
General management consulting services
Many clients have found the following services invaluable in managing and directing their businesses:
PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Our competent team, under the leadership of Max Mervitz, has extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of property administration and development.
FINANCIAL PLANNING, INVESTMENTS, SHORT TERM AND LIFE INSURANCE
Through our partnership with PSG we offer the full range of specialist services and financial products for the private client market, backed by a commitment to professional, personalised advice. This means that your portfolio can be comfortably tailored to your exact needs.